1.36g beef oxtail, 1 daikon radish, 1 stalk of spring onions, 16g ginger, 12 garlic cloves.
(1) 1T chongju (i.e. rice wine), some ground black pepper, 1t salt.
(2) 3 cups of beef broth, 9 cups of water.
(3) 1T salt, 1t Korean hot red pepper powder.
1. Rinse beef oxtail in running water for a while; Soak in cold water for 60 minutes; Lift the oxtail up; Rinse; Cut into pieces; Marinate in seasoning (1) for 30 minutes.
2. Peel, rinse and slice ginger.
3. Peel and rinse garlic cloves; Mince 2 cloves.
4. Peel, rinse, drain and cut off both ends of daikon radish; Cube.
5. Rinse, drain and cut off the ends of green onions; Cut diagonally.
6. Add seasoning (2) and the ginger to a pot; Bring to the boil over a high heat; Add the beef oxtail; Bring to the boil over a high heat again; Skim off the foam; Turn to a low heat; Add 10 garlic cloves; Cover the pot with its lid; Cook over a low heat for 2 hours; Uncover; Add the radish; Cover the pot with the lid again; Cook over a low heat till the meat is very tender (around 1 hour); Skim off the fat; Add seasoning (3) and the minced garlic; Turn off the heat; Stir to mix well; Arrange in serving bowls; Garnish with the spring onions; Serve hot.